Subject: Re: [coallesced replies] Re: how to create 21,780 new free software jobs (2,530 in R&D)
From: "Benjamin J. Tilly " <ben_tilly@operamail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:45:04 +0500

"Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com> wrote:
>   Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:37:49 -0800
>   From: Rob Helmer <robert@namodn.com>
>
>   I think all of these could be addressed in a way that's
>   transparent to the user, they just *use* the computer.

> Herein lies the value problem.  Why should I pay you for something
> that I think I already have?  (I.e., just using my computer.)

Possible reasons exist.

How about because I don't think I have protection from
people trying to break into my computer, and I want to
be able to stay ahead of my kids, who know a darned
sight more about computers than I do?

Not saying it will fly.  But if someone wants to try,
there are angles that they can take.  These angles will,
of course, affect how they carry out their business.

Cheers,
Ben