Subject: Re: good article
From: Rich Bodo <rsb@ostel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:49:38 -0800 (PST)

GNU Enterprise (www.gnue.org) is in use in some businesses right now.
I've seen some cool demos.  We work on a related project at a similar
stage.  The app servers are there, but the apps are being developed as
custom software.  In the short term, integration between enterprise
apps and desktop apps will happen in an orthogonal manner.  That is,
we would rather go through data stores (i.e. LDAP) than use
application API's wherever possible.  Lots of potential to capitalize
on apps built upon existing frameworks.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678