Subject: Re: Paper on dual licensing
From: Bjorn Reese <breese@mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 12:51:02 +0000

Ken Dyke wrote:

> For example, computer viruses.  Because the operating system is closed
> and because M$ has basically taken a "don't give a damn" stance users

Are there no Free Software projects with the same attitude? If there
are, is the user any better off, i.e. what do you think the chances
are that the user may be able to find another capable developer and
motivate him to fix the problem?

> Note that I am bashing on M$ merely because they are the best known.
> The same line of reasoning can be extended to all proprietary vendors.

Such generalizations are always dangerous.

It appears to me that you are comparing the best cases of Free Software
to the worst cases of proprietary software. There is a broad spectrum
inbetween.