Subject: Re: Free Software Insurance
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:35:40 -0800

On Sunday, Jan 12, 2003, at 08:28 US/Pacific, robin wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has thought of this or tried it, but what about
> third-party insurance for selected free software packages?

That essentially was Cygnus' business model, though we didn't call it
"insurance" because we'd end up talking to the wrong people (and
anyway, lots of people don't like buying insurance).

To get our "insurance" you had to run our distros, just like
conventional insurance companies care whether you smoke/have a burglar
alarm system/live in a flood plane.