Subject: Re: truly back to topic, Info Week poll on open source
From: "Benjamin J. Tilly " <ben_tilly@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:52:44 +0500

L Jean Camp <jcamp@camail1.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Does your company use open-source software for any
> critical applications? That's the question we asked in
> last week's InfoWorld Interactive. Here
> are your responses:

Do you have a link or more information on the
methodology or respondants?  As we all know, the
answers that you get on open source usage change very
dramatically depending on who you ask, with CIOs often
unaware of what the techs have actually been doing.

On another note, InfoWorld may or may not have improved
in recent years, but given their history (particularly a
debacle a few years ago involving OS/2) I have trouble
accepting any poll of theirs at face value.  With
something like /. all that you have to worry about is a
biased sample set...