Subject: Re: truly back to topic, Info Week poll on open source
From: Jean Camp <jean_camp@harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:16:50 -0500

I thought that the question was clearly biased against open source.
Notice that " No and are fundamentally opposed to closed source for
critical apps." is not a possible answer. Having that answer there
would bias, at least, the "considering switching" answers imho. It is
like those

" do you support policy x
no and I would never support policy x's destruction of motherhood & my country"

kind of polls.

Given the construction of the poll I thought the numbers were pretty
good. That is why I thought it was interesting. Infoweek rarely has
anything bad to say about MS. Only one time in the last year they had
Linux as a focus.

No it is not scientific.

-Jean