Subject: Re: Supreme Court declines Eldred.
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:19:23 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:24:23PM -0500, Keith Bostic wrote:

> http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/lessig/blog/archives/cat_eldredcc.shtml

what I see as the important part:

| The puzzle in the case was the silent 5 - the 5 justices who have
| consistently argued that Congress's power is limited. Those 5, he
| said, save their activism for issues they think important. Protecting
| the public domain is not.

  We need to educate politicians ... they are not all against us
... but they are a century late, and do not understand issues.
   I is certainly my experience in Europe ... and any change in
government is a catastrophy : a new set of people to educate against
preconceived ideas of another age ... and that takes time.

Bernard

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX