Subject: Re: Consultants site
From: Rich Bodo <rsb@ostel.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:11:24 -0800 (PST)

> I don't know how much information you want, or whether MSFT bashing is
> the way to go.  LUGoD has a pretty compelling set of "Why not MSFT"
> items at their site.  Might want to cherry pick some particulars:
>
>     http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/
>
> ...and a CMS (content mgt sys) like Scoop or TWiki might be useful to
> provide color to the site.

I would definitely like to avoid overt Microsoft bashing, but business
is business.  I'm sure they would understand if we present our case as
they would in our place.  Offer to help with the site and tnt will be
overjoyed.

> >       But it's there, and
> > 	we have done some minimal promotion at linuxworld, and we have
> > 	a mailing list:

> > 	Actually, that's alan's list for our lunch group, but it's
> > 	unofficially the 6-30.org list until we get a new one.  It's
> > 	got archives.
> >
> > 	So there is really a dual purpose to our group:
> >
> > 	1) to market our services with smashing ideas like 6-30.org
> >
> > 	2) to find really good places to have lunch.
>
> Speaking of which, when's the next lunch date?  Or is everyone in NYC
> right now (/me suspects not)

We have standardized on third thursdays at noon for the Sunnyvale group.  Some
people on the list are talking about starting an east bay group.

-Rich