Subject: RE: Open Source Developer Exchange
From: "Chris Maeda" <chrismaeda@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 11:13:55 -0500

I never used an open source exchange because I could
never tell how long it would take to get results.
In business you always solve problems using the following
algorithm:

1) If I can get it for free, get it.
2) If I can buy it, buy it.
3) Otherwise, change my strategy so I don't need it.
4) Move on to the next problem as quick as you can.

How would an open source exchange fit into this algorithm?

Other people describe it in terms of "I have pain, I give you
money for aspirin."  An open source exchange is more like a
chemistry set.