Subject: re[2]: Open Source Developer Exchange (Economics)
From: Rich Persaud <persaud@b8d.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:59:31 -0800

 Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:59:31 -0800
|  There is one other conclusion you could draw. That WidgetWeb is not an
|  interesting enough product for any business model. =)

Business (one quantification of value exchange) is about relationships.

Independent of [Widget X] functionality, there are three pieces of
information that would guarantee my review and possible investment
(of attention, endorsement, etc):

 1.  How good was your past work, as measured by others?

 2.  What have you invested in WidgetWeb?

 3.  What was the opportunity cost of your investment in WidgetWeb?

If the answers to all three questions are competitive with current and
historical opportunities, I would invest the time into a relationship with
[Widget X], as a proxy for a relationship with [Developer X], because
of the risk incurred by Developer X in the rejection of #3's opportunities.

Rich