Subject: Re: Practical Thread: Advertising to businesses
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:59:22 -0800

   Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:02:07 -0500
   From: Faber Fedor <faber@linuxnj.com>

   On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:48:41PM -0800, DV Henkel-Wallace wrote:

   > I went to your web site and I see you're at a conference.  That's
   > great.  But I notice that you pitch to the already-sold prospect.

   Hello!  You just pointed out something to me that I was not aware of.
   Could you please elaborate?

I also looked (briefly) at your web site.

I didn't know what you were selling immediately -- instead I saw that
you were at a conference, and that you wanted me to like something
called "open source software".

I (your customer) need your services -- and those revolve around my
business, not around your software.

Perhaps your home page could tell me what you can do for me, like
sell stuff on the web with lower overhead, or mass mail to your
customers from an industry standard database -- without incurring high
cost.

HTH,

Brian
--
More people use Apache than Word, and it does them more good.