Subject: Re: Initial thoughts on IBM-SCO Lawsuit, and Implications for FSBs
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:11:42 -0800

begin Larry M. Augustin quotation of Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:01:27AM -0800:

> In summary, the key point being IBM had access to SCO's source code as
> part of a licensing agreement.  SCO alleges that IBM released
> intellectual property (trade secrets and/or copyrighted code) in
> violation of that license agreement.
>
> Individual developers and companies that are not SCO licensees would
> not appear to be potential targets for this type of lawsuit.

So the main point here is: Don't accept "Shared Source", or any
access to proprietary source code under NDA, or this will happen
to you if the licensor doesn't like something you do in the future.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the