Subject: Re: Research questions WRT SCO's complaint
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:28:49 -0500

>About how IBM beat out a local group of hackers on the port of Linux to
>the S/390. So much for all the arguments from SCO, looks like IBM just got
>in on having their code included as part of the port.

IBM wasn't first to get Linux going on a 390.  It was some bunch at a
University in upstate New York, and IBM built on their work.

This may not be as dramatic a story as the Salon version, but is more
accurate. Bill Zeitler (at IBM) would know. I may or may not have used
this information in a story. I don't recall now. Probably. But I write
up to 5 stories/week and don't remember all of them -- or even where all
of them were published.

- Robin