Subject: Re: the source, so to speak, of the SCO lawsuit
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:27:36 +0900

    Taran> As such, the case itself isn't as important to me as the
    Taran> motive. From all I've read, and from all I've seen, there's
    Taran> no sensible motive from SCO as a standalone case.

SCO look completely desperate to me.  I mean, what else can you
conclude about a company that reposts a consultancy's evaluation that
unless they win this case their customers should move to different
vendors within a couple years?  So I see this as a last-gasp play to
get bought out, mostly aimed at IBM, perhaps indirectly at Microsoft,
and a (secondary) real long shot if they win or can get a settlement.

We'll see what code they actually claim; but until then, I don't
intend to lose any sleep over this.