Subject: Re: A postscript on ddd & LessTif
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@nirvana.datawave.net>
Date: 18 Dec 1997 05:02:51 -0000

   Date: Wed, 17 Dec 97 08:09 PST
   From: "L. Peter Deutsch" <ghost@aladdin.com>

   The ddd home page says:

     The most recent LessTif release contains several bugs that makes it unusable
     with DDD. We have compiled a list of patches for LessTif 0.82 to fix the
     most outstanding bugs. With these patches applied to LessTif 0.82, the
     current DDD snapshot runs quite nicely.

   So I have the choice of running Motif, or acquiring, patching, and compiling
   LessTif (which will still have bugs other than the "most outstanding" ones).

No, you can run your favorite proprietary debugger, assuming it works
under Linux.  But, you have a choice, and that is what is most
important to me.

Brian
     Brian J. Fox                                     bfox@ua.com
     http://www.metahtml.com/~bfox        http://www.metahtml.com
      "What's all this stuff about `websites' anyway?  Does this
       mean that I have to dust more often?"  -- Martha Davis, 1996