Subject: Re: economic efficiency of free software
From: "Forrest J. Cavalier III" <mibsoft@mibsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:33:15 -0500 (EST)

> Remember Nelson's Maxim: there are no problems, only unmet business
> opportunities. If you can figure out a way to save people money
> through your actions, then you can convince them to share a portion of
> those savings with you, triggering your action.

I think the second statement is close to true, but at
the same time very wrong.

The reason we have this list is that it must be
phrased as:

  "If you can save a person money through your actions,
   then it would benefit them to share a portion of those savings with you
   if it triggered your action
   and the transaction costs were not too high."