Subject: Music and Free/Open Source Software: Interesting parallels.
From: Taran Rampersad <cnd@knowprose.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:48:31 -0500

I'll blog about this tommorow after I recharge offline, but I think this
is interestingly in line with the conversation that has been buzzing
around on this list, and it would be interesting to get some other
perspectives on this. The particular quote in the article that grabbed
me related to 'piracy' (Avast there, matey!), but the idea is quite
similar - and one I have openly discussed before.

"...Artists like the idea of a new and better business model for the
industry, but they cannot accept a business model that uses their music
without authority or compensation. Suing kids is not what artists want,
but many of them feel betrayed by fans who claim to love artists but
still want their music free..." - Don Henley

Taran Rampersad
cnd@knowprose.com
http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.fsc.cc/