Subject: Re: open source policy across the globe
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:31:04 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:11:59PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Bernard> or : the cost of killing local jobs and having to
>     Bernard> compensate in some other ways
>
> This isn't a cost, it's a benefit.

I understand that killing jobs is a benefit
(unless the job is fulfilling for the people)

but you nevertheless have to provide people with a living ... and
there may not be other jobs, not immediately, or not with a training
cost, or not with other forms of investment.

So there may be a cost involved ...

or did I misunderstand ?

Bernard

> "Protect people, not 'jobs'."