Subject: Re: open source policy across the globe
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:22:35 +0900

    >> where the open source movement comes in, posting "Eric
    >> Raymond's Top Ten Reasons Why Open Source Improves Quality and
    >> Lowers Cost".[1]

    Bernard> You have a reference for that ... I could not find it

I'm sorry, that phrase is a pure Americanism.  The actual content is
referring to the usual arguments which can be found on
http://www.opensource.org/, and in general all over the 'net.

The "Top Ten Reasons" part is a humorous dig at Eric's penchant for
showmanship; the American comedian/talk show host David Letterman is
known for posting Dave's Lists of the "Top Ten" of various odd stuff.