Subject: Re: open source policy across the globe
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:28:15 +0900

Sorry to follow up to my own post, but it looks like there's a bug in
my MUA somewhere, and it got truncated.

[Tom suggests that license fees are transactions costs, and in part I
reply:]

    sjt> This is where purchasing managers and lawyers earn their
    sjt> keep.  If it really is harming the business, then the
    sjt> business that works out a way to "solve the licensing
    sjt> problem" will win big.  Since "solving" invariably means more
    sjt> trade, [...]

... society wins too (assuming that no third parties are harmed by the
activity).

[Maybe you suspected I had very little to say.  Now you know it. :]