Subject: Re: SMB Linux approaches?
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:56:02 +0900

    Chris> I would find segments of this business community that have
    Chris> pain and budgets, and figure out how to solve their
    Chris> problems using a linux-based solution.

I dunno.  Don't they all have pain?  Also, I've met Karsten over
dinner.  I think Roblimo's strategy fits him to a "T".  Find the
people, get them to talk about their problems, tell them (plausibly
but not-too-technically[1]) "we can do that without disrupting your
current practices much".  Hopefully leaving with an invitation to drop
by to talk about a bid on a system!

On the other hand, coming in with a ready-made solution for wine clubs
will risk him getting pigeon-holed as "the wine-club systems guy".
_We_ know that CRM packages can do both real estate and wine clubs,
but the businessfolk are not going to make that connection.

Footnotes:
[1]  Which is much easier to get right in person as opposed to in a
flyer.