Subject: RE: SMB Linux approaches?
From: "Lawrence E. Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:17:20 -0800

 Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:17:20 -0800
> Last year I was very close to getting the Medical Professional
> Association of Trinidad and Tobago (MPATT) signed on to do medical
> admininstration software which could be used by not only Doctors in
> private practice, but also hospitals. Honestly, it probably
> could have
> been hacked out in one week - and been scalable and allow data
> interchangeability between Doctors, and so on. But Doctors, at least
> locally, weren't interested. They were more interested in
> purchasing the
> software for their own personal use - if I ever write it, I'm
> guaranteed
> 2 sales, and they won't get much support out of me for what I
> can charge
> them. Many of them nodded appreciatively when I explained how
> the Apache
> system worked... how everyone helped fund the project.

I'm missing something. If it could have been "hacked out in one week," why
didn't you just do that? It is much easier to sell software than to sell a
plan for software.

I've been in the software business long enough not to trust someone who says
he'll implement a full, working solution to a complex business problem in a
week.

/Larry Rosen