Subject: RE: Augustin's 8 Simple Rules for Open-Source Business Strategy
From: "Larry M. Augustin" <lma@lmaugustin.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:12:02 -0800

 Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:12:02 -0800
Taran Rampersad wrote:
>Given the recent discussions on the list, this appears to be pertinent -
>and accurate.
>
>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1553990,00.asp

I'm a bit surprised at the coverage of that talk.  I certainly didn't expect
anyone to write a story on it.

I would appreciate feedback from this list.  I usually find myself speaking
about Open Source to people who don't understand Open Source.  Usually they
barely understand the concept of source code, and have never written
software.  They wouldn't have any idea what to do with source code if they
had it.  The talk covered in that article seems to make sense to them, and
puts Open Source in terms that they can understand.  It also gives them
ideas as to how they can begin using Open Source.

Larry