Subject: Re: Tim's paradigm shift
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:36:54 -0700

begin David Fetter quotation of Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:00:26AM -0700:

> MySQL is shareware, and in technical terms, it's what we call a
> "steaming pile of dog shit."  It does not do anything good for FLOSS.

It just ain't a Disruptive Technology(tm) until
someone calls it a "steaming pile of dog shit".

(With all this Disruptive Technology buzz going on,
if I had a solution that actually was "ready for
the enterprise" I'd take a bunch of features out
until I had enough platform snobs disgusted with
me to get the free Disruptive Technology publicity,
then dribble the features back in.)

"No, it's not a Disruptive Technology!  It really is
a PoS!  You aren't listening!"

"Oh, sure, that's what they _all_ say."

--
Don Marti