Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: "Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:45:50 -0800

Brian Bartholomew's exact words were:
| Which suggests that developing free software for
| non-volunteer, "it's a living" purposes is impossible.

Let us test those words, not some new set of words.  Attempting to
limit the overall business model to which the free software development
is done is as silly as saying that nobody can make a living writing
proprietary software, because the companies that they work for are
really selling mareketing and support.  Yggdrasil pays and has paid
people to work full time developing free software.  We would not do
so if that was not profitable to the business.  So, it clearlyi is
possible to develop free software for non-volunteer "it's a living"
purposes.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 205
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."