Subject: Re: Examples needed against Soft Patents
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:06:38 +0100

I do not know about free drugs, but it may be the case regarding some
types of chips.

Toby Howard, Plastic makes chip printing possible, Personal Computer
World, 23 may 2001, http://www.pcweek.co.uk/Features/1122215

or even for mechanical parts ...  but I do not have the reference
handy.  The idea is to have material in powder form, and to fuse it
into mechanical part with converging pwer beams (according to some
programmed design).  Experimental versions exist in labs.
  I think I read that in MIT tech review.

Bernard