Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:24:43 -0500

> You have not cited any evidence of the qualitative differences that
> you claim are developing between the free and proprietary software
> developed by Cygnus.

Someone mentioned Cygnus was building a GUI code/makefile browser.
That sounds pretty neat and might handily address the desire for a GUI
debugger that ghost had.  Good GUI-based programming tools are
generally not available in the free software world.  Can I get a copy
of this tool for ftp prices?

> In what cases are you thinking of things not being put up for FTP?

The entire Cygnus lineup is not up for ftp.  I believe it used to be.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) www.lpf.org