Subject: Re: Development vs. aquisition costs
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:22:10 -0800
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:22:10 -0800
begin  Karsten M. Self quotation of Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 01:47:56PM -0800:

> However, and again, speaking with an admin's hat, not a pseudoeconomist,
> a PITA to maintain, and given to unpleasent surprises at inconvenient
> times.  Which I suppose, back to the subject of this message, impacts
> costs and capabilities.

There was an article in a system administration
magazine a few years ago on how sysadmins spend
their time, and administration of licenses and
license servers was a good-sized slice of the pie.
I've been looking for it -- ring a bell for anyone?

Economics question: would sysadmin time put into
administering licenses and license servers count as
a transaction cost?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/