Subject: Re: Examples needed against Soft Patents
From: Russell McOrmond <russell@flora.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:09:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Laurent GUERBY wrote:

> Q: How much does it cost per user for a great number of users at the
> patent granting date to be able to use your invention assuming access to
> all other inventions to date?

  I did a talk at an Inventors Association last evening, and I
specifically spoke about the extremely different economic environment
around those things that have a zero marginal cost and those that do not.
I was skirting around talking about my belief that information processes
were not inventions, and went to this via a different way.

 These are folks who's stated goal in life is to come up with the next
greatest invention and make millions off the patent royalties.  I was
invited in to talk about a very different set of critera for success...

Slides at http://www.flora.ca/ia2005/ if on the off chance anyone is
curious.

 Happy Public Domain Day 2005 (AKA: Happy New Year)!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/discuss/4303
 Sign the Petition Users' Rights! http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/