Subject: Re: U.S. Falls out of the Index of Economic Freedom's Top 10
From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:10:10 +0100

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 16:58 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> As far as I can tell the Foundation's definitions and its statistics
> are fiddled to favor increasing power of corporations rather than
> freeing or empowering people to do business.

Note that the blog analysis I cited just says let's accept and not
discuss the index definition (which bias is obvious), and let's just
look at how the component values are set over time. The first point is
always endlessly debatable, the second point shows without
possible discussion that this index is a sad joke.

Laurent