Subject: Re: Is Big Blue turning Red? IBM opens SW patents
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:16:40 -0800

begin Ben Tilly quotation of Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:28:33AM -0500:

> Gates is nothing if not consistent - he's been touting the same
> line since his open letter to hobbyists...

He may be a little sensitive about the "communist"
thing.  MSFT is the organization with the centrally
planned economy and the five-year plan, I mean
"road map".  If you really look at how decisions
get made and at what level, the Microsoft Windows
business looks like the old Soviet Union, and the
free software business doesn't.

  INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DISCLAIMER: I intend to apply
  for a prose analogy patent on material contained
  in this post.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/