Subject: What should Sun do?
From: davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Date: 21 Jan 2005 19:53:47 +0100

Hi,

To have something else to discuss rather than patents, which for some
of us is perhaps straying a bit far from the practicalities of free
software business, despite our general support for limiting the
frivolous ones, I'd like to propose "what should Sun do?" as a topic
of debate.

I got to thinking and writing about it a bit myself following this
posting by Larry McVoy on LWN:

http://lwn.net/Articles/119909/

What do you think they ought to do, in order to make money, and
improve their appearance in the eyes of "the open source world"?

(BTW, what do they make their money from these days?)

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Apache, Linux, Tcl Consulting