Subject: Re: What should Sun do?
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:40:23 -0500

>I realise this thread is exactly about Sun's not knowing what it is doing,
>but I thought the corporate responsibility of Sun's officers is to increase
>Sun shareholders' value, not attempt to decrease Microsoft shareholders'?

I agree that one of Sun's major problems is a tendency to talk trash
about competitors instead of working to build a positive image for its
own products and services. I've never understood this.

It has always seemed to me that if Sun's management spent as much time
building up Sun as it spends ranting about the evils of Microsoft, IBM,
Red Hat or whatever company is the day's whipping boy, Sun would be
happy and profitable.

- Robin