Subject: Re: What should Sun do?
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:11:42 +0900

    Ben> I don't know what other projects [Sun] also supported, but I'm
    Ben> highly doubtful that TCL was an isolated case.

XEmacs (paid developers 1994-1997 IIRC, contributions in kind from Sun
employees assigned to work on Sun internal distribution of XEmacs to
this day, regular contributions from Sun employees using XEmacs for
Sun work on Sun time).

GNU (they bought at least one of those "golden distros").

X Window System (always open source).

Motif (gated community, ultimately open source).

AFAICS Sun's problem is 99% image, 1% substance.