Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 18:18:28 -0500 (EST)

   This is probably an order of magnitude difference in revenue expectations.
   P will raise capital at a higher valuation, attract top management and
   engineering talent, etc.

Well, I would rather work someplace that has as little management as
possible.  It seems that the reason Cygnus has upset the free software
community is that its management has made decisions people don't like.
As far as I can see, managers can quite effectively screw things up as
far as the hackers are concerned.

The most intelligent people are often not all that concerned with how
much money they make, because they enjoy their work.