Subject: Re: rocket science
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:25:05 +0900

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Lord <lord@emf.net> writes:

    Tom>    From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>

    sjt> I was quite clearly talking about desktop systems, the topic
    sjt> you selected; you have changed the subject.

    Tom> I don't think I have changed the subject.  Here is why:

    Tom> A computing system viewed as a whole has several components.
    Tom> In the cases of programmed trading servers and power control
    Tom> grids,

Stop right there.  Now explain to me how "trading servers" and "power
control grids" are *desktop systems*.  If you want to change the
subject to non-desktop systems, fine, but then you owe me an apology,
because my claims about desktop systems stand.