Subject: Re: Journal / Trade Mag?
From: Steve Mallett <steve@fooworks.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:41:46 -0400

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> There is a new magazine out there called Free Software Magazine which I
> think aims to address this very issue:
>
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/

I'd be interested to see how many folks outside of the free software
community pick this up.  Sometimes I feel like I'm preaching to the choir.

There's also a certain degree of not wanting to ruffle feathers in these
trade mags... mentioning free software alternatives to folks who are in
the proprietary software business (somewhere in the stack) can be
perceived as bad for business.  Sort of like speaking positively of John
Kerry on Fox.

--
Steve Mallett
http://steve.osdir.com