Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 00:48:33 -0500

> No, I want a succinct answer in your own words.  If you cannot
> provide one, then say so.

I think the URL I provided is accurate, complete, and quite succinct
given all the groundwork it has to lay.  I think we can agree it was
their agenda at the time it was written.  I think if I summarized it,
the summary must assume too much shared understanding, which you would
then challenge me on.  To defend all the challenges would expand my
answer out to the length of theirs - and they wrote theirs better than
I could write mine.  And I think the entire thread would be a
distraction from talking about new free software funding models.

Instead, for the purposes of your argument you could postulate I have
absolutely no clue what the FSF agenda is.  Where does that leave your
argument?  Others have stated that the FSF leadership is withdrawing
their support from Cygnus.  This withdrawal suggests the FSF doesn't
agree with what Cygnus is doing, which suggests Cygnus no longer
reinforces their agenda, which is the point I was trying to make.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) www.lpf.org