Subject: Re: someone start a topic, please
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:34:48 +0900

    Tom> Those lucky dorks know something about what's important in
    Tom> markets that my hacker-self doesn't.  What, though?

You've gotten a lot of good advice on this very list in the past.
Some won't be on target for you any more, some never was.  But I bet
you'll be surprised at how much of it is valid for you today.  Go
ahead, Google for "Tom Lord site:crynwr.com", and follow the threads.

General business/economics reading list, with some software relevant
stuff thrown in:

Topical:

_The Mythical Man-Month_ (get the 20th anniversary edition) aka
    "products 101".  For the present purpose, skip the "process" chapters
Anything by Ed Yourdon or one of that ilk.  Not more than one or two,
    of course (although they're very light reading :-)
_Information Rules_ is a must
Any of the "Excellence" books by Peters and Waterhouse (but only one!)
_Up the Organization_, the man(1) of business studies

Deep background, relatively technical:

_Folded, Spindled, and Mutilated_ by Fisher, et al. (why IBM got off)