Subject: Re: Charging the Charger
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:15:54 +0900

    Taran> Unless you expect RMS to take the day off, I don't see how
    Taran> the FSF would OK a license which interferes with one of the
    Taran> Freedoms... But then again, there is DotGNU.

And the FDL.  And, as Marshall already pointed out, BSD.

Note carefully what I said:  the license itself will be free, because
_it_ does not interfere with the freedoms.  In fact, it is more free
in the sense that it permits redistributors to use more licenses.

For those of us who believe that freedom is as freedom does, that's a
good thing.  For those who believe that freedom must be en-, uh,
-couraged, this license arguably fails to promote freedom.