Subject: Re: Charging the Charger
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:04:48 +0900

    Taran> Well, maybe the difference is being the person who writes
    Taran> the code and wants to profit versus the person who doesn't
    Taran> write the code and wants to profit off of it.

Um, isn't that the whole point of free software, that those who didn't
write the code get access to it and use it and *gasp* profit from it?
I really don't think that's the difference.

The difference I have in mind is the person who wants to waive various
"rights" in return for getting "better, faster, _and_ cheaper".
Personally, I mostly don't waive those rights, and could live without
waiving any more of them than rms does---but I'd really miss some of
the goodies that come with Mac OS X.