Subject: Re: Standing on multi-authored works
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:20:27 -0700

On 18 Apr 2005, at 09:14, Marshall W. Van Alstyne wrote:

> Interesting point, which sounds correct.  It suggests that a good
> property of F/OSS licensing, in any form, might be to grant
> (non-exclusive) standing to the original (c) holder or the
> institution, such as FSF, responsible for managing the software.

Why be so complicated?  Just assign it to them.  The assignment for (or
the blanket assignment form, which is just a modification I made to the
regular one) allows you to "take back" a copy of what you assigned and
do something else with it.

The GPL doesn't really have any concept of "original holder", nor
should it.