Subject: Re: Bounty for Bugs in Open Source Projects?
From: Tom Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

  > Eventually, perhaps something is finished - and the novice (half
  > starving, now) has to figure out whether to give it away, or try to
  > charge for it.

That'd be a great sentiment if the habits of the market were genuinely
aligned with what actually makes sense, other than things that make
sense as a way to screw up computing systems globally, forever.

There's no market for good free software innovations, at the moment.
Not in any generic sense.   We are collectively quite pathetic, in
that regard.

Too many purchasers are far too bamboozeled (and rewarded for being so)
in the computing systems market, these days.   It's quite dangerous,
if you ask me.

"Yes, Russ, I'll shut up for N+1 weeks now, no need to flame me, thanks.",
-t