Subject: Re: Down with the GPL!
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:28:26 -0700

Actually you just get the company to declare that, e.g. all Microsoft
libraries are OK to use or all sysadmin staff can use GPLed code as
long as they agree to implement the distribution rules.

The interesting part is that the very fact that they have to say that
MS is OK might cause someone to _read_ the terms.  You ain't gonna get
that changed, so no need to be a jerk about it.  In fact the more cool
(but firm) you are about it the better the message that maybe the
proprietary stuff is bad news.

-g